It tax time! Why not receive free help with filing your taxes? Free tax preparation assistance provided by AARP Tax-Aide volunteers is available at Morrisson-Reeves Library starting on February 5th. This free service is offered every Wednesday through April 8th. Services including: Indiana State and Federal Tax form preparation with electronic filing. A dozen certified volunteers will be on hand to assist patrons. Although there are no income restrictions on this service, individuals with tax returns that are deemed too complex, will be referred to a tax professional.
The tax service starts at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. with the last appointment taken at 2:30pm. This free service is provided on a first come, first serve basis and is open to Indiana residents.
Special Insider Tip! A sign-up sheet for service will be placed outside of the library’s front door at 8:00 a.m. on tax service days. Spots fill very quickly and a line typically forms by 7:15 a.m. in the morning.
For further details, contact the library at 765-966-8291 or online at MRLinfo.org.
It will be necessary to bring the following items in order to be properly served:
• Last year’s tax return;
• Photo ID;
• Social Security cards and birth dates of all names listed on tax returns, including dependents;
• All W2s, 1099s, and other tax statements received for the tax year;
• Receipts for deductions including tax receipts;
• Rent receipts, name and address of landlord if claiming renter’s deduction;
• Care provider’s name, address, and identifying number if claiming deduction for Dependent Care;
• Amount(s) and date(s) of each payment of estimated taxes during the tax year;
• Voided check or savings account routing numbers for direct deposit of refund.